Mother's cold shoulder

I told her to pay attention 

but the look she gives me makes me think twice

I don’t want to think twice or redo anything

I crave for the attention 

as a baby gets without asking

but the older it gets it expresses the need of attention 

she always gives it no matter what

unless she can’t because her mind traps her

giving her thoughts a mother doesn’t need

the cries grow louder and louder 

she cries herself but with different emotions pouring out

leaving it on the porch of another one owns 

not having second thoughts

not thinking twice but for the better of her child which she thinks is best

but the way I feel right now is the opposite

my caretaker, the one I call mom, didn’t take me to the porch of another 

or give me away for the better if she even thought of it 

I’m still the baby in the corner crying

and she’s the mom walking away 

leaving me there to stay alone, cold and hungry for a mom’s attention to be given to me


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday: Morning talk

Love me like never before